Re: configure

> I can't comment on the Debian packages, but FWIW: I use aclocal 1.4-p6,
> automake 1.4-p6, and autoconf 2.13 locally.  I run the following in the
> top-level newlib directory:
>
>    aclocal -I .
>    autoconf
>    automake --cygnus Makefile
>
> This does not result in bringing in a 2.50 prereq.
>
> -- Jeff J.

At the risk of causing some email thread drift, I was just asking over
on the GCC and binutils mailing lists about moving from autoconf 2.13 to
autoconf 2.59.  Is anyone looking at making this change for the newlib
subdirectories?

Does anyone know of any issues that would prevent moving newlib to a
newer autoconf?

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com